Member's Garage section on our website

Member's Garage section on our website

Postby topless » Sun May 23, 2010 7:47 pm

Please correct me if I am wrong Tom-but,

I believe that our webmaster will soon be changing our Ride of the Month section on the website to a "Member's Garage" section.
We would like to see all interested PAID club members rides included in this section. Please email/pm your photo of your car and any pertinant info you would like included with your pic to Tom asap. Tom will be able to give you any necessary specifics. I believe you can PM him with the info or with any questions you may have.

thanks, San
topless

Type of Mustang: 1973 Convertible

Re: Member's Garage section on our website

Postby ken johnson » Mon May 24, 2010 6:28 pm

One comment. We should NOT include beautiful full color photos of our license plates!! I suggest that before we send photos to Tom, we should use Microsoft Paint, or Photoshop, or whatever to "white out" or "black out" our license plates from the photos.

Tom's probably already thought of this, and will likely edit the photos himself. However, that would be a lot of work for him, and not too much for each of us.
ken johnson
Club Director

Type of Mustang: __
2006 White V6
2007 Alloy GT

Postby 06p3GTvert » Tue May 25, 2010 6:30 am

well, since you brought it up.....now that I know your license plate what exactly have I, a criminal, gained that I wouldn't just by strolling thru a parking lot at the mall?

06 Windveil Blue GT Convertible
13 Sterling Gray V6 (Sold)
10 Red Candy Metallic GT (Sold)
05 Sonic Blue Metallic GT (Sold)
97 Crystal White Cobra (Sold)
98 Rio Red GT Convertible (Sold)
82 Black Mercury Capri RS 5.0 (Deceased)
06p3GTvert

Type of Mustang: 2006 Windveil Blue GT 'Vert

Postby ken johnson » Tue May 25, 2010 3:39 pm

My thought was that it might make identity theft easier, somehow. Now that I think about it, I was assuming that the Member's Garage would be a place for our members to be associated with their specific cars. Maybe that's not a good assumption. I was thinking that owners might be photographed with their cars. That seems to me to be a good idea considering how hard it is for me to learn names (!), especially if the garage is a Members Only function of the website. Anyway, if members and their cars are in the photos together, then the imaginary criminal in question would know the name, face, car, and license number all in one shot. Walking through a parking lot gives you car and license. Waiting around to see the driver would also give you the face, but not the name. Our website would put it all in one place.

If only the cars are shown, not the people, then unless we have just a bunch of car pics without any association to the owners, the imaginary criminal would know name plus car plus license. It seems odd to have pics of cars and not have the owners' names associated with them. We're a club of people who own Mustangs, not just a group of cars.

I suggest that maybe the Member's Garage should be accessable to members only. Maybe it doesn't matter, but in today's reality, why give the bad guys any help??
ken johnson
Club Director

Type of Mustang: __
2006 White V6
2007 Alloy GT

Postby foxylady » Wed May 26, 2010 2:50 pm

I think you both make good points! We can discuss further at the June meeting if needed.

Personally, I would prefer to just show my car in the pic only because I really don't like having my picture taken at all.
Mustang Hoarder
16 Ecoboost Conv - Crockett
95 Cobra Hardtop Conv - Elvis
93 5.0 Yellow Conv - Buttercup
93 5.0 Yellow Conv - Easter Peep
84 T top Coupe - Coconut
81 Capri White Magic - Merlin
79 Ghia Coupe - Rusty
79 Cobra 5.0 - Franklin
foxylady
Club Treasurer

How to Contact Me, or any Member via the Msg Board...

Postby 06p3GTvert » Thu May 27, 2010 8:06 am

FYI.....To Contact Me, or any Member via the Msg Board...

Click on my username anywhere that you see it, msg board front page, in a thread, it doesn't matter, to get to the profile home page...

Click on the 'email stangless' link and this should open your email tool...if you are using yahoo, google or another online email, you will need to copy the email from the link and paste it.

This will work for any member of the board not just me!
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (25.42 KiB) Viewed 2860 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (35.57 KiB) Viewed 2860 times

06 Windveil Blue GT Convertible
13 Sterling Gray V6 (Sold)
10 Red Candy Metallic GT (Sold)
05 Sonic Blue Metallic GT (Sold)
97 Crystal White Cobra (Sold)
98 Rio Red GT Convertible (Sold)
82 Black Mercury Capri RS 5.0 (Deceased)
06p3GTvert

Type of Mustang: 2006 Windveil Blue GT 'Vert

Postby topless » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:32 am

Tom will be working on our new Member's Garage section soon. We would like to see all interested PAID club members rides included in this section. Please email/pm your photo of your car and any pertinant info you would like included with your pic to Tom ASAP. Tom will be able to give you any necessary specifics if you need them. I believe you can PM him with the info or with any questions you may have. It's up to you if you want a pic with you in it or just your car, doesn't matter, just please send something so he can get started on this.

thanks, San
topless

Postby topless » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:35 am

Just reminding everyone to get your picture in to Tom asap as we discussed at our meeting last Sat.

see ya,
Sandy
topless

Postby DocOutlaw » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:13 pm

Is it too late to get my ride included? I've been completely wrapped up in piddly stuff (work) and haven't checked the board in more than a month.
Cheers,

Chris

2008 Mustang GT Outlaw
2002 F-150
1968 Falcon
1966 Mercury Monterey
DocOutlaw

Postby midnight_rider » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:34 am

Off with his head....work, family life over the mustang club. :07:
    midnight_rider

Type of Mustang: 2004 mach 1 Azure blue